Sunday, March 6, 2011

Up and Running!!!

Welcome to Family Autism Support!  I would like to share a special story behind the Family Autism Support logo.  In search of something that was meaningful to what we stand for, I stumbled upon this painting on an internet search.  I felt like the picture was powerful and wanted to use it but needed to get in touch with the person who painted it first to get her permission.  When I finally contacted her, she told me an amazing story about the painting.  It was painted after her family lost everything in a propane gas explosion that occurred directly under her two daughter's bedrooms.  Fortunately nobody was in the house at the time and everything was lost except each other.  The painting is a symbol of positivity, hope and family.  I think that these symbols are also instrumental to what Family Autism Support stands for.  I want to thank Michelle Filer for permission to use her painting as the Family Autism Support logo.

1 comment: